Teachers Love and Passion for the Job

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teachers Love and Passion for the Job

Vijay Singer, author

Mrs. Tina Rantanen has been teaching for 22 years, and six of those years have been spent at Spring Mills High School. 

Rantanen’s desire to start teaching started when she was a kid in school herself. She wanted students to have a better learning environment than she had in school. 

“I’ve wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. It started when I was in school and I had teachers that I thought weren’t good at all, and I wanted to be better,” said Rantanen. 

She hopes that her students will learn something from her class. Rantanen loves interacting with all of her students daily. 

“It’s always interesting. You never know what’s going to come out of a kid’s mouth. Sometimes it’s funny, and sometimes it’s a little aggravating, but it’s always something interesting,” said Rantanen. 

She always makes the best situation possible out of what she has. A quote that she lives her life by is “it is what it is.” 

“It always makes me feel good when students come back to visit and tell me how they are doing. Also, I love knowing that I helped teach them something. It’s great to hear, ‘this is where I am now thanks to you,’” said Rantanen. 

Senior Robert Williams enjoyed Mrs. Rantanen’s class when he had her freshman year. 

“She was always exciting in her class and kept it entertaining. I always looked forward to going to her class every day and learning. I have so many fun memories in there with all my friends. I think that anyone who has had her as a teacher is extremely fortunate to have had her,” said Williams.