Free Money for Frustrated Students

Back to Article
Back to Article

Free Money for Frustrated Students

Kaylee Bailey, Editor

Scholarship opportunities are growing at Spring Mills High School, and the counselors are continuing to spread awareness about these money-saving opportunities.  

Scholarships are something every senior at Spring Mills should be thinking about. It can be a stressful and daunting time, but with the help of the counselors, it is a reachable goal.  

“I want to make the process as easy as possible. It’s important to me that seniors feel like they can talk to us and ask us for help when it comes to academics,” said counselor Mrs. Rhoe.  

When entering the counselor’s office, there are many resources for seniors interested in scholarships. There is a wall full of forms and applications, and all the information needed for them is on those papers.  

“We put the forms up in the hopes that students who fear asking questions would be able to just come in, grab them, and leave. We do, however, love to answer questions and help in any way we can,” said Rhoe.  

Not all the scholarships in the guidance office are usable by everyone, but there are other ways of finding information.  

“If you go to the school website, click on counseling, and visit our website, you will see a blue tab on the top for scholarships. Click on it, and it will take you to every possible scholarship available around here. Simply by taking that step, you are doing more than most. It’s not as hard as people make it seem,” said Rhoe.  

It’s easy to get overwhelmed when searching for potential scholarships, but guidance and administration at Spring Mills make it easy.  

“I’m lucky to have the help around me, but I’m also proud of myself of all the work I’ve put into it. Scholarships can be so helpful and who could say no to free money?” said senior Sydney DeVaney.