Cardinals’ New Teacher Ready to Teach Spanish

Ms.+Hilda
Back to Article
Back to Article

Ms. Hilda

Ms. Hilda

Ms. Hilda

Ms. Hilda

Luigi Santiago, Author

New Spanish teacher Señora Bonilla came to SMHS on November 5th to share her knowledge about the Spanish culture. 

Señora Bonilla is new at SMHS and shows her love for teaching the Spanish language and culture. She was born in Venezuela, South America. She has lived in and traveled to many countries that have taught her a lot of things about people, different cultures, and customs. 

Señora Bonilla was looking for another Spanish teaching position that was not too far away from her home, and she heard good things about SMHS. She has been teaching Spanish for over 30 years. She was very excited to teach Spanish when she found out she got the job here in SMHS. 

“I love to help others. I love children and young people; that’s why I’ve enjoyed teaching for so many years,” said Señora Bonilla. She teaches Spanish II here at SMHS and is hoping to teach at SMHS for a whole school year. Señora Bonilla is willing to learn more things from her students and share her experience traveling around the world. 

“It is a challenge to teach a foreign language to students who might not see the importance of its use now,” said Señora Bonilla. She makes her class interesting in that Thursday is Culture Day and Friday is Fun Friday.  

Señora Bonilla’s greatest motivation are her students. When her students get confused on some pronunciations and aspects of grammarSeñora Bonilla sees their improvement and that makes her so proud of them. She believes that every day they come to her class, it’s a chance for them to shape their future for the better.