Cardinals Soar All the Way to Greece

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cardinals Soar All the Way to Greece

Kaylee Bailey, Editor

Select students from Spring Mills High School are going on a trip to Greece from June 24th to July 2nd to further their education and experience the world. 

This is a school orchestrated trip brought on by history teacher Mr. Ryan Linger. He is known around Spring Mills as somewhat of a pioneer to traveling abroad with the school and has been to many places around the world.  

Students who showed a strong leadership quality within the school were asked to join a meeting early in the 2017-2018 school year to see if they’d be interested in the trip. The meeting was a success, and many students began the process for going on the trip.  

“I have been thinking about this trip for so long. I’m taking the trip right after I graduate, and I’m so excited to start my new adult life in Greece,” said senior Haley Kolos 

The trip is a combination of grade levels, mostly sophomores and juniors, along with a smaller number of seniors.  

“I’m super pumped about this trip. Right now, my biggest focus is getting a new passport because my dog chewed up my last one! It doesn’t feel real that I’m going to a different country, but I’m so glad there will be many familiar faces and friends coming along as well,” said senior Allee Proctor.  

Not only will this trip teach students about different cultures and places, it will also create a strong bond and sense of family between those getting to share this amazing experience.  

Meetings involving the trip to answer any questions or concerns are held once a month. There is a remind that announces if one of the meetings is cancelled due to poor weather. The next Greece trip meeting will take place on March 12th from 6:30pm-8:00pm in the LGI room.