The Robot Engineers of SMHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Robot Engineers of SMHS

The SMHS Robotics Club

The SMHS Robotics Club

The SMHS Robotics Club

The SMHS Robotics Club

Luigi Santiago, Author

The SMHS Robotics Club has been working on their robot since the beginning of the school year for competitions. 

On February 9th, they joined the VEX competition, and they were ranked 7th out of 18 teams and moved on to the playoffs. Science teacher Ms. Emmons has been leading this club to success alongside its members. She is close to the students and has been able to help improve their communication and teamwork. 

Sophomore Nina Saluja is one of the many talented members in the club, and she’s excited for the playoffs. Their president sophomore Tommy Inman has been working on their robot before the competition and making sure there were no issues with their robot. The members made sure the parts of their robots would function well and made any necessary adjustments. 

“Robotics teaches students leadership and teamwork, not just engineering,said Saluja. Robotics club members learned how to work with each other and solve equations together. They enjoy working together on their robot because there are always both fun and serious moments. 

“I enjoy being part of the Robotics Club because I really like robots and technology,said sophomore Chris Smith. Smith is an intelligent member of the club who really enjoys mathHe is hoping that they will do well in the playoffs. 

The Robotics Club is hoping that they will get more members next year so they could make more robots and compete in more competitions. They help push students to improve and learn creative skills, grow their thinking skills, and sharpen their teamwork and communication. They are hoping to improve every year and do more projects as they grow.