Prom Spirit Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom Spirit Week

Madison Casteele, Author

Spring Mills High School’s most recent spirit week took place during the week of April 23rd to April 26th. The spirit week was in preparation for Prom that Saturday, which took place on April 27th. 

The week kicked off as students were returning from spring break, so they were refreshed, and excitement was in the air to show school spirit.  

Tuesday’s theme started out appropriately as it was Family Vacation following spring break. Then Wednesday was Crazy Hair Day, Thursday was Celebrity Day, and Friday was Decade Day. 

“I wanted to participate as much as I could because it was my last spirit week as a Cardinal at Spring Mills High School. I didn’t always dress up for spirit weeks throughout my four years in high school, but I’m glad I decided to do more my senior year and end it with some fun before Prom. I think all students should try to have school spirit and do as much as they can in high school because one day they’re gonna miss it,” said senior Brittney Gano. 

Many SMHS students decided to go all out for spirit week to involve themselves in the high school experience, especially seniors as they are about to leave the Cardinal nest.  

“I participated in spirit week on Celebrity day, Decade day, and Family Vacation Day. I do spirit week because I think it is tons of fun to dress up and show school spirit,” said senior Catalina Lemus. 

During spirit week, excitement is in the air, which makes it a perfect activity for getting the students ready for the big Prom weekend.

“I was excited for prom because everyone had amazing dresses. I was also excited because I had a really fun group to go with,” said senior Haley Might. 

The spirit week preceding prom was the last for seniors, but there are still many more to come for those returning students in the 2019-2020 school year.