Winter Pep Rally Gone Bad for Class of 2020

Back to Article
Back to Article

Josalyn Junkin, Author

Spring Mills held its 3rd pep rally of the year for winter sports on Friday February 7th 

Leadership planned activities and competitions for the four grades to play. These games included Tic Tac Toe Extreme, PictionaryTikTok Dance Off, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Shoot Out, Finish the Song, and a Class Dance off.  

Students volunteer to participate in these competitions in front of the student body, and they sit with their grades. Winter sports sit in the front of their student section so that they have easy access to the floor when they are recognized. 

Senior Bryan Medina plays Pictionary for the senior class.

Senior Jared Keith and Brianna Beetle participated in the TikTok dance for the 12th grade. Keith was eliminated early in the competition. 

When I said I didn’t know what I was doing, I meant it,” said Keith.  

Throughout the pep rally students compete to get points for their grade. Seniors were ahead for most of the pep rally even though they lost the Finish the Song game judged by Coach Smith. Unfortunately, seniors were disqualified from the competition due to inappropriate dancing in the dance off.   

“It just kind of happened. It got all the students really hype. That took a lot of confidence. He showed the ultimate school spirit and I am not mad about it at all,” said senior Whitney Weyforth. 

Winter sports were also recognized during the pep rally, which include swim, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, and basketball cheer. Each team had a member come and speak about their sport. Dance team and Cheer also performed routines for the student body.

Senior Zane Milburn speaks about the wrestling team during pep rally.

Other people and organizations also gorecognized during the pep rally; ACE team, Rhea Ming for POL, Social Studies and Science Fair winners, and E-Sports held a drawing to pie a teacher.