A Week in review; FFA Spirit Week!

A Week in review; FFA Spirit Week!

Adrianna Krach, Author

FFA stands for Future Farmers of America, an organization for middle and high school students who look forward to a future in farming, or take interest in it now. FFA helps assist students in developing critical thinking, public speaking, and making friends with similar interests as themselves. When speaking with Reagan Barrett earlier this year about her time in FFA, she said that the organization is her passion, and has taught her many lessons to help prepare her for the real world. 

In the previous week, we decided to show a little school spirit, and some love to FFA with a very special spirit week. 

Day One; Country vs. Country Club

On Monday, the goal had been to rep one of two sides; country or country club. Perhaps you prefer some old boots, jeans and a cowboy hat to top off the look, or maybe you felt a bit more preppy. Various students across all four grade levels showed up and showed out in their tennis skirts, huge hats, and carrying the charm of whichever group they chose to represent. 

Day Two; Blue and Gold

In FFA, their uniforms are the signature colors, you guessed it, blue and gold. The theme of day two was to match those in their FFA uniforms, to support the program and show some Spring Mills school spirit. While FFA members showed up in their designated uniforms, students not so involved wore their best golds and blues to match!

Day Three; Ag Career Day

Today was a day to dress as someone you admire, or as someone in the career you planned on entering. Some took this as ‘dress like a farmer’ day, which was fitting to the theme, but others also dressed as scientists, butchers (this one was mainly shirts with bacon jokes but nonetheless), all of the above were suitable for Ag Career Day. 

Day Four; The Finale; Carhartt Day

Carhartt Day was your time to show up in every piece of Carhartt you own. This one was rather low key, considering it could be average attire, but some did take the extra step to deck out their entire outfit in the brand. I actually believe this day is the one most students participated in all week, seeing as it was quick, easy, but also fun to be a part of the spirit week!