Exploring the College Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Exploring the College Fair

Sydney DeVaney, Author

Spring Mills High School held the annual College Fair on Wednesday, November 7th in the auxiliary gym during all three lunches to give students the chance to talk to representatives from multiple schools.  

Admissions representatives set up tables around the gym like an open house and answered any questions students may have had about their colleges. All students were welcomed and encouraged to attend.  

One of the Spring Mills College Fair is the raffle ticket drawing. This year’s grand prize winner Senior Blake Hull had a lucky ticket and was super excited about winning. 

“I have never won a raffle at the College Fair before, but I was really feeling lucky that day,” said Hull.  

The college fair was attended by many in-state schools, as well as multiple local schools in the tri-state area. Many senior students took advantage of the application and scholarship opportunities provided by each school. 

“I really enjoyed the college fair because of the amazing opportunities each table brought. After talking to many of the representatives, I felt more sure of my near future. I spent a lot of time talking to the Marshall representative,” said Hull. 

Seniors can find more college or post-high school education information in the counselors’ office, and underclassmen should look forward to next year’s college fair.